The Frog Van's Journey Back to the Road Begins
In my last update I said I'd start working to get the van back on the road at the beginning of August so the van would be ready to drive in Australia's Spring time. Unfortunately everything got delayed because I got really busy with animation work.
The good side to that is I was able to match the donations to the project with another $500.00 of my own money. Bringing the total budget to $1024.00.
The project got further delayed when I got fairly sick for a couple weeks during the beginning of September - nothing serious, just a really bad cold.
Anyway the first step of the project was to get the van registered, to give me a deadline, as I explain in the video below. (Hope you like the opening animation of the van, using my CafePress store design).
I was very disappointed that, between the last time I started the van up and now, the rear right tyre went flat for no apparent reason and the battery refused to recharge.
Fortunately the spare tyre was okay (though it doesn't have as much tread) so I swapped the flat tyre over.
The battery was no good so I ended up having to buy a reconditioned second hand battery - saving myself approximately $70.00 as a new battery would've been around $100.00-$110.00. Also had to buy some smaller terminal connectors because the new battery had significantly smaller connection points than the previous battery.
I made the video below to show you that the van is now working. I reversed it up onto my back lawn so I could sweep the drive way underneath it and just to turn the tyres after having sat for so long.
The next stage is to take the van to a mechanic, which I hope to do within the next week or so.